Oct. 11th --Oct. 13th, 2015
In June 2014, the Silk Roads: the Routes Network of Chang'an-Tianshan Corridor jointly nominated by China, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan was inscribed on the World Heritage List, making the ancient Silk Road a common wealth of human beings.
Parallel to the cognominal exhibition, held at the China National Silk Museum from Sept. 15th to Oct. 14th, 2015, which include masterpiece ancient silk textiles and other treasures related to the Silk Road from 24 Chinese museums and archaeological institutions of eight provinces, the symposium will present the following six sections:
- Silk Road and Technical Exchange
- Archaeological Findings of Silk in China
- Archaeological Findings of Silk outside China
- Silks on the Silk Road from the Perspective of Linguistics
- Maritime Silk Road and Chinese Export Silk
- Silks on the Silk Road from the Perspective of Anthropology
Download a PDF (194KB) for more details and the programme.